ViaEurope is an e-logistic company based in Amsterdam with an in-house IT team located in Berlin (Germany). Although we have been in the business of logistics for five years already, we still operate and grow with a start-up mindset. We embrace technology and develop our own solutions. Each day we process more than 100 tons or over 100,000 e-commerce parcels. The majority of our volume comes by air, sea, rail, and road from China and transit via our e-HUBs (connected warehouses) at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Liege Airport (Belgium). Come and join our international dream team to make e-commerce to Europe… easy.
We are looking for an Application/Production Support Engineer with a focus on operations & support to join our technical team in Berlin.
As part of our IT squad, you will be working directly with developers providing operational support to our colleagues in Amsterdam, Liege, and Shenzhen (China).
This involves utilizing your technical depth, excellent troubleshooting skills and developer mindset to carefully massage data by hand in order to manage exceptional circumstances. Finding, documenting and escalating bugs in our codebase (and sometimes fix them) is also part of your mission, as well as investigating historical events using our logs.
You will learn the capabilities of our platform inside and out and will be able to field questions from our staff as they arise. Occasionally you may be asked to interface directly with our clients to help get them onboarded.
As you are becoming aware of structural or operational shortcomings in our workflows you will work with our Product Owner by highlighting issues and suggesting improvements to our platform.
Your experience and insights as seasoned support engineer will help us develop a comprehensive knowledge base that will be used as training material by Sales, Support, and e-HUB staff.
If your thing is solving technical problems and taking a dynamic role where you act as a detective, an experimenter, an interpreter; if you’re not afraid of opening a production Rails console to fix a botched data entry, and if on top of that, you are a great service-oriented team player…let’s chat!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and triage complex production software/application/service issues and fulfill business support service requests.
• Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues. Lead, facilitate, or participate in their resolution.
• Create/maintain comprehensive support and process documentation.
• Reproduce customer issues, isolate issues to their simplest reproducible case and report bugs to our developers
• Answer questions about the product's capabilities
• Develop user-facing documentation
• Experience in technical support, preferably with problem ticketing, bug tracking, incident management, and/or issue escalation in a team environment
• Experience in Scripting in at least one of Perl, Ruby, Python, Shell etc… (work will mostly be in Ruby and SQL)
• Experience supporting web applications (Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Amazon S3, source control with Git)
• Solid knowledge with SQL, specifically PostgreSQL
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence; customer orientation and ability to solve escalated issues to the satisfaction of all parties involved
• Exposure to working in an Agile environment
• Excellent communicator in English wrapped in a friendly and positive attitude would be ideal
Is that YOU?
Then use the button below, telling us why you’re interested in this position and why we are interested in you and we will get back to you. Then we can talk about you, about us, our stack, and any questions you might have.