Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct / Amsterdam
At ViaEurope, we've digitalized the Customs Clearance process, allowing millions of packages to be imported and transported across Europe!
As ViaEurope continues to scale up, there's a growing complexity in our business operations. Each eHub is located in a different country, with distinct operational setups and customs rules. One of the keys to our success lies in making complexity 'smooth'. Our product team is responsible for transforming complexity into a successful and smoothly operating business.
Our product team takes care of the ViaEurope platform. Together with our in-house development team, we have built three main applications, which show the lifecycle of parcels, their deliveries, and customs declarations. This includes data points for every phase of Customs Clearance, processing, and transportation, tailored to the user group and application.
The applications are: Client Portal, Staff Portal for internal usage, Android Application for logistics operational support.
As a product owner in our team, you will be collaborating with cross-functional development teams and stakeholders. You will play a pivotal role in understanding operational problems or strategic decisions and translating these into projects.
What Will Your Week Look Like?
As a Product Owner, you will shape the success of our business. You'll be at the forefront of driving innovation and efficiency in our product development, ensuring that our e-logistics solutions meet the evolving needs of our clients and stay ahead of industry trends. Your strategic decisions will directly impact the user experience, operational workflows, and overall competitiveness of our services.
You will collaborate independently with stakeholders on multiple topics and are expected to take full ownership of projects. You will be working directly with the tech team. To give you an idea, we'd like to share with you three examples of project subjects:
- Introduce a new pricing mechanism
- Integrate directly with a last mile courier for a delivery service
- Extend our android application with a new detail page for invalid pallets
As a product owner, you will work on different inquiries such as feature request or improvements directly impacting ViaEurope’s roadmap. You will define backlog items and priorities using data-driven insights and user knowledge, based on product owner best practices. You will present projects and milestones to stakeholders; and eventually, become an expert in certain fields within our platform. You will be the point of contact for tech but also other stakeholders regarding implementation of features. You have a pragmatic approach, with a curiosity drive and a desire to understand every part of the business, as well as the drive to ask questions and find solutions, will make you the best fit for our team.
- Take a hands-on approach to understanding logistics processes and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Evaluate feature requests
- Define backlog items and feature requests with data-driven insights
- Participate in scrum-related meetings
- Monitor, measure, and evaluate product progress and implementations
- Create and present solutions to stakeholders
- Ensure that leadership, key stakeholders, users, and product teams are informed
- 2 years of experience in product ownership
- 1 year of experience as an analyst or similar
- Data-driven and proficient in SQL and other data analysis tools to extract insights from large datasets
- Someone who does not shy away from complex subjects like customs clearance, time-saving logistics processes, invoicing
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience in leading Agile teams (we're not a strict Agile team, though)
- Result-driven team player who also values transparent communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment and scaling business is a plus
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, in English
How we work
- It is a full-time job
- We are a small team and we collaborate closely with the tech team in Berlin, therefore the work includes traveling (possibly a travel per month to Berlin, for 2-3 days).
- We work Hybrid, with two days onsite per week and our office is in the eHub near Schiphol
We work in English and strongly believe that clear and effective written and verbal communication enhances the quality of our work, shaping the foundation of a successful team. At ViaEurope, one of our fundamental values is continuous self-development and taking ownership. We prioritise diversity, encompassing varied backgrounds and experiences, fostering an inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and differences. To support our commitment to growth, ViaEurope provides an education budget for conferences and online learning materials, ensuring ongoing learning opportunities for all team members.
- Start-up mindset, and we are moving fast
- We believe that technology drives our business
- We care for work-life balance and offer the flexibility to work from home and/or from our e-HUBs
- Our team includes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and languages
- Involvement: ability to participate in meetings, team building events, celebrations, and much more
- Self-empowerment: we believe in people and therefore give space for our own initiatives and self-development
- Consistent efforts to onboard sustainable solutions and toward carbon neutrality
1. Get-to-know call with the hiring team
2. Speaking about the role with the Head of Product
3. Onsite meeting and practical case: a visit to our eHub where we dive into the PO's skills and expertise. You will meet the Hiring manager and the Product team.
4. Team Interview: getting to know our developers and their collaboration with the Product Team
And of course, we are very fast with our recruiting process, just like the efficient logistics operations we deliver!