Technical Support Engineer - Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaTech Team l Berlin
ViaEurope means smart Web-Apps & APIs combined with real warehouses, taking care of customs clearance for thousands of parcels each day, bringing products from all over the world to Europe!
ViaEurope is an e-logistic company born and raised in Amsterdam. Although we have been in the business of technology and logistics for five years already, the company still operates and grows with a start-up mindset. Technology is at the very core of ViaEurope’s strategy which evolves in sync with our talented pool of engineers and developers based in the vibrant city of Berlin. The company processes more than 350 tons or over 300,000 e-commerce parcels each day, all supported by a well-maintained software infrastructure. Technology is also behind our connected warehouses or e-HUBs which are located at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Liege Airport in Belgium and Budapest in Hungary.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer experienced in Ruby and located in Kuala Lumpur to assist the team with their day-to-day use of the ViaEurope application. This role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia while working remotely (from KL) with the Tech Support team in Berlin and with our clients' operations in China, therefore both English and Chinese are required.
The support team is responsible to ensure the smooth operation of the warehouses, which work upwards of 24/7. Our shift planning is organised to be able to support them at all times. Therefore, we hire you, to work in a different time zone and support our clients in China easily.
Your teammates will rely on your flexibility and knowledge to help them navigate the intricate, ever-changing rules of the system and resolve the many edge cases occurring every day. You will also get a chance to work with a squad of highly skilled senior developers and learn about system architecture, design patterns, query optimisation, and more - all on a platform that's constantly updated to be on the cutting edge of technology.
- Work on Tier 2 support issues: investigate, troubleshoot, and triage complex production software/application/service issues and fulfil business support service requests
- Identify and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues. Lead, facilitate, or participate in their resolution
- Create/maintain comprehensive support and process documentation
- Reproduce customer issues, isolate issues to their simplest reproducible case and report bugs to our developers
- Answer questions about the product’s capabilities
- Develop user-facing documentation
- Assist with the many API integrations that are part of the system; check request logs and pinpoint problematic cases.
How we work
- We work hybrid as we also value the work time together
- We believe that technology drives our business;
- We practice Continuous Deployment and deploy ~15 ~ times per day
- Experience in 2nd. Tier technical support, preferably with ticketing, bug tracking, incident management, and/or issue escalation in a team environment.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience in Ruby (at least one year)
- Experience in Scripting in at least one of Perl, Python, Shell, etc… (work will mostly be in Ruby and SQL)
- Experience supporting web applications (Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Amazon S3, source control with Git)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence; customer orientation and ability to solve escalated issues to the satisfaction of all parties involved
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment
- Excellent English skills and fluent in Mandarin
- Ability to work from Kuala Lumpur and meet the local colleagues every second week
Important: For this job you need to be located in Kuala Lumpur - holding a valid work permit to work there and experience working locally is a must.
We work in English and strongly believe that clear and effective written and verbal communication enhances the quality of our work, shaping the foundation of a successful team. At ViaEurope, one of our fundamental values is continuous self-development and taking ownership. We prioritise diversity, encompassing varied backgrounds and experiences, fostering an inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and differences. To support our commitment to growth, ViaEurope provides an education budget for conferences and online learning materials, ensuring ongoing learning opportunities for all team members.
- We believe that connection improves collaboration, therefore we work hybrid with the flexibility to meet on-sit
- ViaEurope cares for your personal development and we have for you an education budget
- Our team includes diverse backgrounds, experiences, and languages
- While we are passionate about our work, we care for work-life balance
- Self-empowerment: we believe in people and therefore give space for own initiatives and self-development
- Consistent efforts to onboard sustainable solutions and toward carbon neutrality
1. Get-to-know call with our recruiting team
2. Expert interview with the hiring manager and another team member
3. Technical challenge: a short coding assignment where you work on a real task
4. Final interview with our Head of Engineering or CTO and the Local Sales Director
We are very fast with our recruiting process!